The Karen Wyckoff Sarcoma Foundation is dedicated to Sarcoma Cancer research, support and education...and the fight to find a cure.
General Year-Round Rein in Sarcoma Volunteer Opportunities
- Working with sarcoma patients / family support- Visiting with patients and/ or families. We are particularly in need of sarcoma patients/survivors.
- Outreach Liaison- Coordinate distribution of RIS informational materials, including copies of the RIS Sarcoma Patient Starter Notebook, with hospitals, medical clinics and other support establishments.
- RIS website management and/or maintenance- Help maintain and manage this website. Maintenance and updating is an ongoing opportunity. This site currently uses the Drupal Content Management Platform. Computer and website experience is requested.
- RIS Sarcoma Survivors Notebook Manager- Keep hospitals & clinics supplied and mail internet orders to individuals. Assist in updating the material for future editions.
- Grant Writer- Research grant opportunities and/or write grants.
- Merchandise Sales- Several people needed to staff RIS sales tables at various events and other sales opportunities such as farmers markets, churches, U of M hospital//medical school.
- Fundraiser Coordinator- Research opportunities for fundraising beyond the July RIS event. Help research and develop additional RIS fundraising activities and events
- Volunteer Solicitation- Recruit Volunteers for all aspects of Rein in Sarcoma’s work.
- Mailings- Coordinate or assist with RIS mailings, including addressing, stamping, stuffing and mailing. This can be done from your home.
- Phone Calling- Calling to invite people to events.
- Serving on the Board of Directors of the KWRISF- Nominate yourself to serve on the Karen Wyckoff Rein in Sarcoma Foundation Board of Directors that has overall responsibility for the work and management of the Foundation. Meets about 4-6 times yearly. Please contact Peter Wyckoff, KWRISF President, for further information (firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-486-9114.