The Karen Wyckoff Sarcoma Foundation is dedicated to Sarcoma Cancer research, support and education...and the fight to find a cure.
Thanks for Making 2012 "Party in the Park" a Huge Success!
Under great skies, and our largest attendance ever, the 12th Rein in Sarcoma "Party in the Park" was a huge success! It was a time of celebration, reflection, remembering, hoping, and just plain fun. The "Party" once again encompassed the entire mission of the Rein in Sarcoma to support, educate, and fund cures for sarcoma cancers. It is expected that this year's event will raise over $75,000 for the mission of Rein in Sarcoma!
Celebrating our 11th year as an organization the July 23rd Party included something special for all the 1,500+ people who attended.
- Our largest Sarcoma Family Picnic ever, sponsored by American Family Insurance
The Inauguration of of Red Flags of Sarcoma Educational Campaign - Introduced by Dr. Christian Ogilvie, Michele Kolling and Ruth Bachman (Left). Click here for information about this new Campaign.
- Continuous entertainment on two stages featuring Tonia Hughes with Rachael Kroog, Northern Gael with Ross Sutter with Laura MacKenzie and Danielle Enblom, Dave Walbridge and the Big Fun Show, The Dirty Shorts Brass Band, and the International Fiddle Conspiracy
- Opening Ceremony with introduction of sarcoma cancer doctors and researches from U of M, Children's and Regions Medical Centers.
- Childerens and Family Arcade
- Inaugural Carousel Ride for Sarcoma Patient and Survivors and continuous rides on the historical Cafesjian's Carousel
Massive Silent Auction raised over $21,000 with over 300 great items from arts and crafts, to vacations, restaurant gift certificates and lots of wine!
In addition, a new Ring Toss Game caused great ineterst and raised over $800 for RIS!
- Raffle drawing for over $4,000 in prizes including a Montana Big Sky Vacation, $1,000 in cash and and the newest iPad. RIS Raffle sales topped $10,600 this year a 20% increase over 2011! Thanks to all to bought and sold this year's raffle tickets! To find out who this year's Raffle winners are, click here.
- Sarcoma Garden of Hope
- Sarcoma Corner
- Moving and profound Closing Ceremony, honoring thirteen RIS Named Tribute and Memorial Funds, and our traditional "Luminary Remembrance"
Over 220 volunteers under the leadership of Nancy Hendrickson made the event seemingly come off with out a hitch. Christin Garcia headed up the 2012 Event with an incredibly talented and dedicated leadership team.
Please complete our simple on-line survey so we can make next year's event event more special. To take 2012 Party in the Park Survey, click here.