Rein in Sarcoma, the National LeioMyoSarcoma Foundation and Mayo Clinic are jointly sponsoring a Soft Tissue Patient Education event on July 14, 2018 at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN. RIS board member, Dr. Scott Okuno, is the course director and has worked to design a day-long program for patients, their families, and the public, covering essential health issues surrounding leiomyosarcoma as well as other soft tissue sarcomas.
Mayo Clinic - Gonda Building
Geffen Auditorium - Subway Level
200 First Street SW
The day will include a broad range of topics, community time to share personal stories, food, and conclude with a Mayo Clinic Proton Beam Center tour. Registration is $15 and is limited to 200 people. The fee includes tuition, continental breakfast, lunch, break refreshments and the optional tour.
Rein in Sarcoma hope you find this a great educational opportunity - it marks the first time we have collaborated with partner organizations on an educational event of this scale. Please share the event with your sarcoma community members, we hope to see you there!
• Review up-to-date information on diagnosis of sarcoma
• Describe surgical interventions, emerging therapies, research and patient care for sarcoma
• Identify medical options for treating advanced stage sarcoma including innovative research trials
• Review psychosocial issues of patients diagnosed with sarcoma and caregivers
• Understand practical approaches to survivorship
For additional information please read the course flyer.