Rein in Sarcoma has grown and succeeded because of the generosity of thousands of donors who have contributed large and small donations to honor or memorialize their loved ones.
In recognition of this, RIS has established of Rein in Sarcoma Tribute or Memorial Named Funds. RIS Named Funds honor the lives of specific sarcoma patients though Tribute or Memorial Gifts. Named funds are encouraged not only to honor individuals but to enhance the mission of Rein In Sarcoma to:
- Find cures for sarcoma cancers
- Support patients and their families
- Educate the public and medical professionals about sarcoma cancers.
While the Foundation is appreciative of gifts of any size, all who are able are invited to establish a RIS Named Fund.
Establishing a RIS Tribute or Memorial Named Fund:
To establish a named fund, a donor or group of donors would donate at least $1,500 in a calendar year and indicate their desire and permission to establish a named RIS Fund. This can be done orally or by completing this form.
Donations would be given in memorial or as tribute to a named Sarcoma patient or survivor.
RIS Named Funds will normally be used for the general purposes of the Foundation and will not be segregated from the general fund of RIS in any way except to be able to designate the total numbers and total amounts of gifts to the Memorial or Tribute Fund. However, with RIS Board approval, larger gifts may be designated to special concerns that are already fall within the mission of the organization.
Named Funds will only be established with the specific authorization of the named fund recipient or the loved ones of a diseased sarcoma patient. All contributions in the name of a specific individual will be credited to the designated Tribute or Memorial Fund of the Rein in Sarcoma Foundation.
Benefits to the Donor(s) of RIS Tribute or Memorial Named Funds:
RIS Named Funds will receive recognition by RIS through:
- Recognition on our website through both a story about the person who is being honored or memorialized and encouragement of others to donate in the name of the donor’s fund
- Public Recognition during the year of establishment of the Named Fund at the annual RIS July Event at Como Park or other appropriate times.
- Additional recognition in succeeding years when additional donations of at least $1,000 are made.
- Active named funds are invited to serve as a “RIS Named Fund Sponsor” of available RIS event or program activities based on the amount of fund raised in the name of the fund during the 12 month preceding the July event.Named Fund Sponsors for RIS
Active named funds are invited to serve as a “RIS Named Fund Sponsor” of available RIS event or program activities based on the amount of funds raised for the named fund. Here is a listing of last year’s Named Fund Sponsorship Options:
- Rein in Sarcoma “Sunflower Garden of Hope”
- Entertainment – Main Stage
- Entertainment – Family Stage
- Rein In Sarcoma Silent Auction
- Rein in Sarcoma Ring-Toss
- “Sarcoma Corner” & “Red Flags of Sarcoma” Information Booth
- Luminary Remembrances
- Fall RIS Gathering of Sarcoma Patients and Loved Ones
See a listing of current RIS Tribute and Memorial Funds.
To find out more about establishing a named RIS Tribute or Memorial Fund please contact Pete Wyckoff, RIS President by email or call 651-486-9114, or Janelle Calhoun, RIS Executive Director by email or call 1-844-727-2662 Ext 1.