We need your help in making this year’s Party in the Park Silent Auction the best ever. Connect with your colleagues, friends, favorite restaurants, sports venues and ask them to provide a silent auction item. Here are some ideas:
- Vikings tickets
- Gift certificate to the hottest new indoor mini golf, game arcade and cocktail bar in town- “Can Can Wonderland” in St. Paul
- Do you know a professional gardener who would donate some time to provide landscape help, ideas and labor?
- New baby gift basket
- Local craft brewery tour, tasting and beer donation.
- Host a happy hour at your house if you have a great home or garden OR bring the party to the highest bidder and you do all the work!
- The next time you dine out, ask your server to bring the manager over and request a gift card. It is hard for him/her to say no when you have just supported the restaurant. We especially need some high end dining spots and larger amounts $100-$150 for the fall gathering.
- Sonos is the new electronic MUST HAVE gadget.
- Offer dog walking/sitting, baby sitting or piano lessons.
- We always need items that appeal to teenagers and their parents and grandparents.
Learn more and get all the info you need. Its really great fun!
Walser Subaru is returning as our 2018 Party in the Park Presenting Sponsor. Jeff Holmquist, general manager of Walser Subaru in Burnsville, said he is very pleased with the partnership between their dealership and Rein in Sarcoma.
“Rein in Sarcoma is a unique grassroots organization that brings together to sarcoma community throughout the Midwest” said Holmquist, “We are proud of the work of this incredible organization to educate, support and fund cures for this dreadful disease."
“Last year’s sponsorship using the proceeds from Subaru’s ‘Share the Love Event’ worked extraordinarily well for both our dealership and Rein in Sarcoma, so we again chose RIS to benefit from last December’s Subaru Share the Love Campaign.”
“We are very grateful for their continued support,” said Frank Miske III, chair of the 2018 Party, “and we are especially grateful to Jeff and his family for his commitment and support of our efforts to benefit our sarcoma cancer community”.
As a part of their support, Jeff and his family established the RIS Lora Holmquist Named Fund in 2016 to honor the memory of Jeff’s first wife who died from Epithelioid Sarcoma in 2006. You can read Lora's story.
Whether you are a bike enthusiast or not, how about challenging yourself to ride 25, 50, 100 or 180 miles and raise funds to fight cancer? Join our “Team Sarcoma” as we participate in the Chainbreaker 2018 bike ride for University of Minnesota Cancer Research, August 10-12.
Chainbreaker is a weekend cycling experience with the core purpose of funding cancer research. Chainbreaker puts together a full service experience by providing nutrition, hydration, first aid, bike maintenance, transportation, lodging, and entertainment to ensure a safe, successful, and fun weekend for all of its riders. 100% of every rider-raised dollar by Team Sarcoma goes directly to life-saving cancer research, including sarcoma research, at the Masonic Cancer Center, University of Minnesota.