In 2020, COVID-19 brought unique challenges to Rein in Sarcoma and our community. Even so, the team came together to ensure our community felt supported and had the resources needed to continue the mission.
Between the Sarcoma Cancer Research Golf Classic, Party in the Park Virtual Event, the Fall Fundraiser Virtual Event, and many other efforts, the team was busy keeping the Rein in Sarcoma mission in motion. Thanks to this hard work, Rein in Sarcoma hit a major milestone: a total of $2 million dollars in research funding! This ensured our partners at Mayo Clinic, Children’s Minnesota, and the University of Minnesota could start or continue important sarcoma research.
Since the start of our organization, we’ve also:
- Held 20 Party in the Park-style celebrations
- Educated and raised sarcoma awareness with 50 Jan Maudlin Sarcoma Scholars
- Published seven editions of the Sarcoma Patient Starter Education notebook, giving thousands of copies away through partner healthcare systems and online. (At least one patient from every state in the nation has received a sarcoma patient starter notebook.)
- Thousands of volunteer hours have been shared. Hundreds of committee meetings have been held.
- The RIS community funded 72 Sarcoma Research Grants, which leveraged over $13.4 million in additional sarcoma research grant funds!
Want to learn more about Rein in Sarcoma’s impact? Check out the 2020 Annual Report
The work of Rein in Sarcoma would not be possible without your support. THANK YOU!
This month in conjunction with the local SpringForward MN campaign we invite you to contribute, if you’re able, to maintain our work together. DONATE HERE
Date: June 28 from 5:00-7:00 pm
Location: In-person (outside) at metro-area brewery (exact location to be determined)
Join fellow RIS volunteers for fun and fellowship while brainstorming ideas to further our mission! All volunteers are welcome. This is a perfect opportunity to get to know each other!!
Looking for additional support through your sarcoma journey? Join the Rein in Sarcoma – Circle of Support private Facebook page. It’s designed to connect sarcoma patients, survivors, and caregivers within the Upper Midwest region and provide support, share knowledge and experience, and raise awareness and advocacy.
While anyone can find the group and see page members, only members can post and see other’s posts and comments. Posts will not show up on your personal Facebook page.
As part of the community, members are encouraged to share their sarcoma experience, ask questions, share resources, and find support from those who have been through similar experiences. We ask that the group remains private — please don’t share posts outside of the community.
You can find the Facebook group via this link. To be admitted to the group, you will request access and answer a couple of questions. The questions ensure that you, or a loved one, has been or is considering treatment for sarcoma in the Upper Midwest.