Committee is responsible to increase awareness, promote Rein in Sarcoma (RIS), and oversee content development. Committee chair upholds the mission and strategic direction of committee.
Provides leadership and guidance to Marketing and PR Committee:
- Monthly newsletter (electronic)
- Social media posts
- Design and publish Annual Report
- Support to RIS events with graphics, flyers, posters, invitations, print
- Design and manage RIS merchandise
- Participate in subcommittees as needed (branding, website, social media, merchandise)
- Actively participates in all aspects of committee and related tasks
- Engage committee members in discussion and task assignments and follow through
- Collaborate with RIS staff on meeting agendas, minutes, tasks, etc.
- Passion and commitment to RIS mission
- Excellent communications skills
- Marketing/PR experience
Skills you will provide and strengthen
- Content development
- Minimum two year commitment
- Approximately 5-10 hours a month
- Hours will vary and are flexible
- Evening committee meeting once a month
RIS Board of Directors
- Twin Cities metro area (preferred, but not required)
Rein in Sarcoma: Rein in Sarcoma is dedicated to educating the public and medical community about sarcomas, supporting sarcoma patients and their loved ones, and funding research directed toward developing new treatments and finding a cure for sarcoma cancers.