Dear RIS Community Members,
We are proud to announce the search for our next executive director. Yes, this position is dear to the heart of current ED, Janelle Calhoun, and she knows it is the right time for transition, for her, her family and the future of RIS. She is honored to have served to the best of her abilities. She is excited to see us continue our outreach and growth as we have expanded over these past years. Our search is on now and details are below. Please help introduce qualified candidates to The Mazzitelli Group for recruitment.
Your support of time and energy through community participation is critical to the mission of RIS. We are organizing our 2023 events. Come join in the events planning, save the dates, find fabulous items to donate, staff an exhibit table and build community with likeminded families! We have always been and will always be stronger together.
Rein in Sarcoma Rein in Sarcoma (www.reininsarcoma.org) is initiating a search for our Executive Director to continue our mission to educate the public and medical community about Sarcoma cancers, supporting patients and their loved ones, and funding research directed towards new treatments and finding cures for sarcoma cancers.
Rein in Sarcoma Rein in Sarcoma (RIS) is a resource for patients and families touched by sarcomas, an uncommon and often delayed diagnosed group of bone and soft tissue cancers that strike children and adults alike. RIS is a nationally known sarcoma foundation and provides global support to patients and loved ones. RIS has reached thousands of people and continues to grow increasing sarcoma awareness to improve patient outcomes and save lives.
Our three-pronged mission includes:
Finding and Funding Cures for Sarcoma Cancers:
- 81 grants funding over 2M in innovative, high impact research at top universities and medical institutions leveraging over 13.4M in additional sarcoma research grant awards.
- Research grants supported by fundraising efforts include golf events, annual galas, named funds, corporate sponsorships, and individual donors.
- Jan Maudlin Scholar Program awards annual scholarships for medical students at the University of Minnesota, Mayo Clinic, University of Wisconsin, Medical College of Wisconsin medical schools in support of educating the medical community and public about sarcoma cancers.
- Funded positions expanded to include Mayo Clinic Arizona and Mayo Clinic Florida & University of Iowa this fall.
- RIS Medical Advisory Board is comprised of sarcoma experts that provide guidance and support for educational materials and resources.
- Sarcoma Patient Education Guidebooks distributed to patients nationwide.
- Ongoing campaigns educate the public, promote early detection, and ultimately save lives. Our Rein in Sarcoma YouTube channel houses many educational videos and patient stories.
Patient and Family Support:
- Dedicated to supporting sarcoma patients, survivors, and those who have lost a loved one to sarcoma.
- Year-round events, peer to peer in-person and virtual mentoring connect all those impacted by sarcoma.
- Patient support bags and small grants for patients in active treatment.
- Grief support resources.
Rein in Sarcoma has evolved from an all-volunteer organization founded by Karen Wyckoff twenty-two years ago to the largest and best-known sarcoma foundation in the Midwest. Her dream of “a world without sarcoma cancers” lives on through a compassionate and dedicated team committed to increasing awareness, improving patient outcomes, and saving lives. To learn more about Karen, please visit www.reininsarcoma.org
Position Summary: The Executive Director has the overall authority and responsibility for the administration, operations and fiscal management of Rein in Sarcoma including but not limited to supervision of staff (3), program operations, fundraising, strategic planning, board engagement and public relations. The Executive Director serves the Board of Directors and its committees to carry out the mission.
How To Apply: Rein in Sarcoma has retained the services of The Mazzitelli Group www.mazzsearch.com to conduct this search. To apply for the Executive Director position, and for a detailed job description, please submit a cover letter and resume to:
Teresa Mazzitelli, President
The Mazzitelli Group Executive Search Consultants