Time to pause and celebrate
In 2020, COVID-19 brought unique challenges to Rein in Sarcoma and our community. Even so, the team came together to ensure our community felt supported and had the resources needed to continue the mission. Between the Sarcoma Cancer Research Golf Classic, Party in the Park Virtual Event, the Fall Fundraiser Virtual Event, and many other efforts, the team was busy keeping the Rein in Sarcoma mission in motion.
Thanks to this hard work, Rein in Sarcoma hit a major milestone: a total of $2 million dollars in research funding! This ensured our partners at Mayo Clinic, Children’s Minnesota, and the University of Minnesota could start or continue important sarcoma research.
Rein in Sarcoma hit a major milestone: a total of $2 million dollars in research funding!
Since the start of our organization, we’ve accomplished:
- Held 20 Party in the Park-style celebrations
- Educated and raised sarcoma awareness with 50 Jan Maudlin Sarcoma Scholars
- Published seven editions of the Sarcoma Patient Starter Education notebook, giving thousands of copies away through partner healthcare systems and online. (At least one patient from every state in the nation has received a sarcoma patient starter notebook.)
- Thousands of volunteer hours have been shared. Hundreds of committee meetings have been held.
- The RIS community funded 72 Sarcoma Research Grants, which leveraged over $13.4 million in additional sarcoma research grant funds!
The work of Rein in Sarcoma would not be possible without your support. Thank you!